Where do I go if I have questions?

The Graduate Programs Office

Building 250, Room 302

Monday to Thursday - 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM


Where can I meet an International student advisor?

Contact advising.international@viu.ca or come to the main reception in building 255 to book an appointment with an advisor. Their services include academic, immigration, and counselling. Drop in hours for advising is available on the current drop-in hour page

I have a documented disability, are there resources available to help me with my coursework? Where can I contact Disability Access Services?

This service is available through the student affairs department in building 200 room 214 or you can email disabilityservices@viu.ca. For more information visit: https://services.viu.ca/disability-access-services

Is there a student health clinic on campus?

Yes, the Nanaimo campus have a student health clinic located in building 200. For more information on how to book an appointment and office hours please visithttps://services.viu.ca/health-and-wellness

Where can I buy a bus pass?

Your student union: VIUSU

 Where can I buy a parking pass?

The Parking and Security Office

What is the minimum GPA before starting an Internship and or ABP?

Students are required to have a minimum GPA of 2.0 before starting an internship

What happens if I fail a referral?

You will be required to re-enrol in the course and pay tuition for that course prior to being enrolled.

Can I choose a different Instructor for a referral?

No, referrals are done with the same instructor that assigned the 'F' grade for the course.

Can I take a leave from the program?

Yes, but it must be approved and documented by the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs. Failure to gain approval before leaving the program will result in dismissal from the program. 

Can I drop a course in the MBA program?

No, students are required to complete all courses in the program in the semester that they are allocated to. If you are having challenges in a course, it is important to meet with an advisor and to access all available resources to assist you in completing the course. 

Can I start my internship if I have a pending referral?

If you have two or less 'F' grades on your student record, you can start your internship once you have paid the referral fee and have a confirmed degree completion plan. 

If you have three or more 'F' grades on your student record, you can only start your internship with permission from the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs. 


CLOSE X Graduate Programs