General Admission Requirements:
- University bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited institution, from a business or non-business program;
- A minimum “B” average in the last 2 years of undergraduate degree;
- Letter of introduction: providing, in your own words, the reasons why you should be accepted into the MBA program. The letter might highlight elements of your past background that have prepared you for the MBA program and clarify your motivation for taking an MBA program and, in particular, this MBA program. The letter should be no more than one page in length and must be written by you. It is acceptable to have it translated to English but it is not acceptable to copy any part of the letter from other sources;
- Two letters of recommendation from past employers or professors must be included as part of the application;
- A resume describing education, work and volunteer experience;
- A minimum of one year of work experience is required;
- No GMAT required;
- Applications will be assessed by the MBA Admissions Committee and the best candidates will be offered spaces in the program.
- NOTE: To be considered for admission to the MBA, an applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree at the time of application, OR, if they have not yet completed an undergraduate degree, they must meet VIU's English language requirements at the time of application.
VIU English language requirement for International students:
- Applicants whose previous degree was obtained in a country where English is not the primary/official language and from a university where English was not the language of instruction must meet one of VIU’s English Language requirements for Graduate Programs.